In a selfie video to provide an update on how he is feeling, Hudson-Odoi, the first English Premier League footballer to record a confirmed case of COVID-19, explains that he is now recovered from the virus symptoms.
“Hi guys. As you may be aware, I had the virus for the last couple of days, which Iâ€™ve recovered from. Iâ€™m following the health guidelines and self-isolating myself from everybody for the week,” Hudson-Odoi said in a video posted on Twitter.
Thank you for all your good wishes, as I said in the video Iâ€™m feeling good and hope to see you all soon!!88.5K08:02 – 13 Mar 2020Twitter Ads information and privacy21.2K people are talking about this
“I hope to see everybody soon and hopefully be back on the pitch very soon. Take care”.
The 19-year-old displayed symptoms similar to a mild cold on Monday morning and has not been at the Chelsea training ground since then as a precaution.
Hudson-Odoi was born and raised in Wandsworth, Greater London. He is the second son of former Hearts of Oak Ghanaian midfielder Bismark Odoi and represents England at international level.
After receiving a positive test result on Thursday evening, it was announced Chelsea’s Cobham training facility will partially close and those who have had recent close contact with the player in the menâ€™s first team building will self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines.
Affected persons include the full menâ€™s team squad, coaching staff and a number of the backroom staff.