Regional

NABCO programme to end 1 September, says Ofori-Atta

The Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) programme is expected to be completed on 1 September 2022, the Minister for Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta has said.

Presenting the 2022 Mid-Year Budget Review in Parliament on Monday (25 July), Ofori-Atta said the government’s policy is to support dynamic young entrepreneurs access training and funds to build their businesses.

He said, “Mr Speaker, our iconic National Builders Corps (NABCO) programme, which was initially to run for three years and extended for an additional year, will be completed by 1 September, 2022. The Programme- which engaged a 100,000 young graduates, has prepared thousands of them for the world of work. So far
we have invested approximately GHC2.2 billion.”

He added, “As they exit, the current cohort on the programme are encouraged to take advantage of the YouStart initiative and other existing programmes in our drive to Build an Entrepreneurial Nation.”

“Government’s policy is to support dynamic young entrepreneurs access training and funds to build their businesses and become a significant pool of job providers for their fellow young people,” Ofori-Atta said.

Related Posts